Important Averitas press releases.
Morristown, N.J.– 4 May 2022
SPEAK FOR YOUR FEET
To Recognize Peripheral Neuropathy Awareness Week, Averitas Pharma Kicks Off Contest Calling on Patients to Describe Symptoms of Diabetic Nerve Pain and Improve Healthcare Professional-Patient Communication
- Diabetic Nerve Pain often affects the feet, significantly impacts quality of life, and can be challenging to diagnose
- Potentially devastating consequences underscore the importance of early detection
- Winning memory aid (mnemonic) will help patients identify symptoms and foster communications with healthcare providers
Morristown, N.J.– 4 May 2022 — Today, Averitas Pharma, the U.S. subsidiary of Grünenthal, launched the Speak For Your Feet contest calling on patients with diabetic nerve pain, caregivers and healthcare professionals (HCPs) to create a mnemonic acronym describing and defining symptoms. The goal of this unique educational program is to increase awareness of the potential symptoms of diabetic nerve pain and to create a common language between patients and HCPs in discussing symptoms. This will help drive more productive conversations about identifying causes and potential solutions.
Aachen, Germany & Morristown, N.J. – 21 July 2020
Grünenthal and Averitas Pharma Announce U.S. FDA Approval of QUTENZA® for the Treatment of Neuropathic Pain Associated with Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy of the Feet
- Neuropathic pain associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy is a progressive and debilitating complication of diabetes that will affect approximately more than 5 million Americans in 20201.
- QUTENZA® is the first and only topical, non-systemic, non-opioid pain treatment of its kind to deliver prescription strength capsaicin directly into the skin.
Aachen, Germany & Morristown, N.J. – 21 July 2020 — Grünenthal announced today that its U.S. subsidiary Averitas Pharma, Inc. received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for QUTENZA® (capsaicin) 8% patch for the treatment of neuropathic pain associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy (DPN) of the feet in adults.2 QUTENZA® is a topical, non-systemic, non-opioid pain treatment delivered in the form of a patch and is the first and only treatment of its kind to deliver prescription strength capsaicin directly into the skin.